Lately I have been disappointed in my monthly Ipsy bags because I have been getting the same exact stuff as previous month but in a different color…or literally the same! But I am very pleased with my bag and products this month!
The bag: This month’s Ipsy bag is a lot bigger in size than some of the bags lately. This is an excellent beach day essential bag for all the necessities and great way to start of these hot days.
1. Hey Honey Good Morning Facial Serum: What I love about Ipsy is trying new face products, especially when it is a product to hydrate my skin. This product is a sheer yellow toned serum that smells and feels refreshing. It states “Rich moisturizers and nutrients smooth and improve tone for bright, radiant skin.” I tested it on my hand, and feeling the surface of my skin is smooth and has a slight sheen to it. This was a perfect product for a bohemian theme!
2. Aromachology- Sophisticated & Sensual Perfume: I have not had a small or roller ball perfume in a long time. With the weather being over 90 degrees, it is nice to receive a practical perfume to dab on throughout the day. The Aromachology brand believes every women should discover a fragrance that represents their personality. Also to empower every ones “elegance and grace.” I was so excited when I opened it I put some on to test out, and I can still smell the floral scent on my body a few hours later. This is because it is made fresh, and with a 20% higher oil load. That means it will last longer on you skin! I am really interested in creating my own fragrance now.
3. Starlooks- Satin Finish Lip Gloss: I think this sample is small but I like the simplicity of product. This gloss is sheer and not very sticky, and compliments any lip color. It brings out my natural lip color but adds that “satin” feel and look to it. What I like about this is it is not very sticky. Some lip glosses tend to be some what drying, but this little gloss adds hydration. I would not go out and spend money on this because it feels pretty cheap but it is a nice sample to throw in my makeup bag!
4. Hikari Cosmetics- Blush: I received the color “tango” which is vibrant pink. These are one of those blushes you barely touch and it is still too much product. Which mean this will last forever! Just beware when you dip your brush in the first time. This blush is smooth and love the pigmentation from this product. I have been enjoying blushes more than u sual, so I was pleased to receive it. The only thing is I just got a blush that is almost identical to this one..once again, I get a product that I already have. It just upsets me becausee I want to try NEW products, not a different brand with the same color. You can check out my February Ipsy Bag, to see that similar blush. Overall, I know I will be using blush very often, this blush is more for a dramatic look rather than an everyday makeup look.
5. theBalm Cosmetics- Nude Dude Single Eyeshadow: This is my favorite product I received from my Ipsy bag this month.I have ALWAYS wanted to try theBalm, just have not brought myself into buying anything. This single eye shadow is pigmented, smooth, easy to blend, and extremely cute. Although, it looks like a small book for a mouse, I cannot handle the cuteness. What I love about this shadow is you can use wet or dry. I received the shade “Flirty” which is a shimmering golden violet. I have been loving purples lately so this single shadow will be put into good use!
This screen shot is from they’re site of the full palette.